Samstag, 9. Oktober 2010

TRIKE - BELGIUM 2010

This is the Kato on Tour-Blog in English. It's very possible, that it's probably ungrammitically.. sorry!


First Stop Berlin


Saturday, 18. September 2010
Berlin-Pankow

I'm sitting in the kitchen, smoking duty-free cigarettes and drinking lukewarm coffee - i'm happy! Since yesterday, I'm chez Trike. A special tenseness is in the air. Or is it just my own excitement? After all it is my first Tour as a travelling Comicshop included Band. KATO und TRIKE on the road - happy happy joy joy!
Trike is a very friendly, hypercreative Electro-Synth-Pop & DIY-Art Duo from Canada, wich is keeping on triking since a couple of moons on this side of earth. In January 2010, Trike aka Stephen Paul Taylor and Xania Keane started a music-video-project called Friday Songs.
Well worth seeing!

Tomorrow we go west - Belgium!

Unbelievable. When I met Trike a year ago, I never thougt, that this dream will come true...
It was October the 31st 2009. I organized a Party for the first anniversary of KATO Comicshop (formerly in the Karoviertel/Hamburg) at Hafenklang. I talked with Stephen and Xania about making a Tour together with a KATO-Mobile.. Haha, what a joke.
And now? Right now, I'm sitting in Pankow and I'm on my way - on Tour with Trike. HA!

Nope: the Kato-Mobil doesn't exist, yet. This a kind of a prototype of a tour and more or less impromtu. We're travelling by train. Like a drudge we're going west.

___________________________________________

Bruxelles mon amour

Brussels
20. September

Here we are. Belgium. Land of Waffles. With it's capitol city Brussels. The Atomium. The Manneken Pis. And... Comics - yes!
Our host Géraldine is a musician, too and works in Brussels with artists. She's living in the center of Brussels surrounded by bookstores - a dream!


Brussels
21. September

Bonjour!
Slacking on the couch in Bruxelles and drinking Nescafé Instant. My second try of preparing coffee. Because everything is in french and dutch and because of the packages of salt which are looking like sugarpackages and because i was really tired... er.. yes, the rest you may think of your own... yuk!

I haven't seen much of Brussels, yet. But I reconized, that Brussels is a very beautiful city with it's small lanes, old houses and magnificant buildings. NICE! Ancient and modern at the same time. What a contrast - Let's say, Brussels is the twilight zone of europe!

Today, we'll go to the Atomium. Xania and Stephen want to shoot a couple of scence for their current musicvideo. It's really a lot of fun to watch Trike while they're working. And for sure, to join in.
In Berlin Trike invited Camille and me to participate. My part was a
->Backround-Aerobic-Girl<- Dancing, Stretching and Gaiters - That's it.
___________________________________________

Sleepless in Gent

Gent
24. September

Oh, how i love the Tourlife - it's late in the afternoon but it feels like 12h in the morning...
Trike had their first show, yesterday in a squatted Crazy Golf Estate called Chalet Minigolf and it was coevally my first KATO stand. Groovy!
I have to say, that there are a lot of lovely peeps in Gent. Nice to know, that there is a squat- culture in Belgium!

So, it's done! This link shows the latest Trike video. I got a second part - as Svengali.
YES!

DON'T CALL ME JUSTIN BIEBER


___________________________________________

Hamburg - Jesus loves you

28. September
Journey Home

Sitting in a train from Brussels to Aachen. From there i'll take a Mitfahrgelegenheit to Hamburg.
My head is empty but at the same time heavy. It's a bit like after the Fusion Festival. One is having a fantastic time, with great people and fabulous music. But then it's suddenly over.

I had a really hilarious Journey. Met interesting people in a very obliging country and spent time with two very special, lovely artists.
GORGEOUS!



At last i'd like to thank:

Stephen & Xania (I love you), Géraldine (thank you so much for the host), Steffen (Duty Free rulez), Ines (Laptop=Yippieh), Philpp (Groovebox, Baby), Rodion (Trolley-rental), Nancy, Esteban, Celia & Co. (Weeds) and all the rest i forgott!

Till the next Tour!
LOVE & KISSES
Alexa D!saster



Who wants to know more about KATO and his Events, write to:
info@kato-comicshop.de

kato-comicshop
trike

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen